For every 100 dollars spent at NOMADISTA.CO
we donate 1 day of school for a child in need
This means that you individually donate a full day of school for every $100 you spend and the rest of your purchase goes to contribute to the next $100 so you can be sure every dollar you spend helps kids have a better start in life!
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”
HOW DO WE MAKE THIS POSSIBLE?
We choose beautiful and unique products, responsibly sourced and crafted by up and coming designers around the world. NOMADISTAs like you visit our online destination and select their favorite pieces.
NOMADISTA transfers the funds to Fundación Hogar Integral –our partner on the field- for as many days of school as your purchase has made possible.
The little ones with limited possibilities are given days full of life changing opportunities, while at NOMADISTA.CO we review and assess the
impact of the donation in the life of the children and their community.
"Education is a human right with immense power to transform.On its foundation rest the cornerstones of freedom, democracy and sustainable human development.”
WHY A DAY OF SCHOOL?
From 0-6 the brain has the highest plasticity level of its entire life! Anything it learns will have a deep impact in the child's future. At this stage children develop cognitive, physical, verbal, emotional and social skill sets.
The only way the child can learn to develop these skills is if he/she has access to education, nutrition and health.
That's why at
we decided to support CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT CENTERS in vulnerable communities to ensure that children between 0-6 years of age have health, food, education and fun!
A DAY OF SCHOOL FOR WHO?
Our purpose is to help children in need wherever they are. However, we know that in order to have a real impact we need to focus our first efforts in one community. We decided to start by helping the children of COLOMBIA for two main reasons:
- Of the 4.8 million Colombian children under 5 years of age, a total of 69% live in poverty (21% in extreme poverty). Source: Atención integral a la primera infancia en Colombia: estrategia de país 2011-2014. BID – Dic. 2010
- NOMADISTA founders are Colombian and know first hand the reality of the local children in need.
WHAT DOES A DAY OF SCHOOL INCLUDE?
- 8 hours to learn values through reading, playing musical instruments, dancing, singing, role playing and sexual education
- Educational program based on Montessori’s new school method
- 4 meals daily (breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack)
- Covers 75% of the daily required intake of calories and nutrients
- Anthropometric control testing (monitoring size, shape, weight of child)
- Special dieting for children suffering from malnourishment
- Daily lessons on oral health